Happy Christmas and Many Blessings for the New Year

2018 has been an exciting and full year. Our preparation for Year 7 in 2019, our formal merger between Cardijn and Marcellin and our developments at both Marcellin (new areas for Hair and Beauty, Health and Personal Care and Early Learning) and at Cardijn our Stage 1 development of new maintenance facilities, redevelopment of the amphitheatre, new Home Economics centre, canteen, staff preparation area, change rooms are all part of our success. Next year we will welcome just over 430 new students and our total enrolment across two campuses will exceed 1260 students, up from 1025.

Our 2018 Year 12 results are simply outstanding, and we congratulate all our students across both campuses for their success. At Marcellin, 100% SACE completion, over 80% of students signed up in apprenticeships and the remaining 20% transitioning to work, continues to highlight the success of our trade and vocational pathways program. At Cardijn 18% of our students achieved an ATAR above 90 with 27% of all results A grades. 22 students achieved the highest grade of A+ and four with Merit. 99.6% of all results were C grade or above. Congratulations to Matthew Milovanovic, our Dux with an ATAR of 98.0 and Isaac Turner (College Captain), our Proxime Accessit with an ATAR of 97.10. Isaac also receives the highest award in the SACE – the Governor of South Australia Commendation for his overall achievement in the SACE which includes his results and his achievements in the SACE capabilities. Isaac follows the success of Sebastian Macaspac (2017), Emily Bennet (2016) and Madeleine Juhrmann (2011) who also received this award given to just 25 students in our state.

With just four days to Christmas, the College will close for 2018 and reopen next year on Monday 7 January 2019. I extend my best wishes to all families, staff and friends of Cardijn for a happy Christmas and many blessings for the New Year.

Dr Paul Rijken is principal of Cardijn College, an R-12 co-educational Catholic school in the Marist tradition, deeply inspired by the method of College patron Joseph Cardijn with a foundation built on the three pillars of his teachings; to See, Judge and Act. Educating and inspiring students in the beautiful Southern Vales region of Adelaide since 1984, Cardijn has grown to encompass three schools, each with distinct offerings. Cardijn College Galilee at Aldinga offers Reception to Year 7, expanding to include Year 8 in 2022 and Year 9 in 2023. Cardijn College at Noarlunga Downs offers Years 7-12 and is renowned for academic excellence and a vibrant extra-curricular program. Cardijn College Marcellin at Christie Downs provides a wide variety of vocational education and training opportunities for students in Years 10 – 12 and beyond, with relationships that extend well into their careers. With a current enrolment of 1750 students and 240 staff, Cardijn College is an institution which strives to be a beacon of faith in the community, with students who have enormous influence and impact on both a local and global level. Paul has been the principal at Cardijn College since 2005. He has a Ph.D. from Curtin University in Science and Mathematics Education. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Educational Leaders.

0 comments on “Happy Christmas and Many Blessings for the New Year

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: