Next week we will begin the first of our parent-teacher interviews following the release of reports at the end of term 1. Cardijn College offers families a range of options to be in touch with the progress of their children. We give secure portal access to our families to engage with our learning management system iScholaris. This portal allows families to see their child’s learning information online. Information such as subjects, curriculum and assessments including progress such as grades and attendance. Families also receive a report each term and next week the opportunity to meet with teachers.
The allocated time for our meetings is 10 minutes and we want to make sure that you get the very best conversation with each teacher. It is therefore a good idea to be well prepared for the meeting.
Here are some hints:
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early to familiarise yourself with the location of the teachers and where you might find them. All teachers will be in the Gym and they are seated alphabetically (A-Z) from the entrance around in a horseshoe. Seating is provided inside the horseshoe area. Wait in proximity to the location of the teacher you are seeing.
- Be familiar with your child’s report and any specific questions you may have regarding their achievement or their endeavour (Effort).
- You may consider asking how your child participates in class, are they engaged and how they might receive extra support.
- If there are circumstances the teacher needs to know about your child and their learning, the time is right for you to share.
- Being prepared with questions helps the interview go smoothly.
- Parent-Teacher interviews are an important visible sign of your commitment and interest in your child’s learning and a visible sign of the school working with you to get the very best learning outcomes.
- Most secondary teachers, especially in the middle school teach 4 to 5 classes, which means potentially over 100 different students. There are only so many interview appointments available over the next two weeks. If you did not get the opportunity to see a teacher because they are not available, please be in touch with the school so that we can make an alternative arrangement.
Thank you again for working with our school to make Cardijn College such a special place for learning.