I am delighted to provide an update on a number of matters including staffing and developments at both campuses (Cardijn and Marcellin)
- I am delighted to announce that Ms Sandra McCarthy has been appointed as the Teaching and Learning Library Manager to commence in term 2. Sandra is currently the Teacher Librarian at Eynesbury College and previous to that the Teacher Librarian at Urrbrae Agricultural School. Sandra is very passionate about learning and is looking forward to working with teachers and students. We extend our gratitude to Mr Ryan Brown who has been in the role for the last 18 months and especially this term Ryan has had dual responsibility as Director of Teaching and Learning and the library.
- I am also delighted to announce that Emily-Mae Chapman has been appointed as the social worker to replace Aleks Cabot when she commences her maternity leave at the end of this term. Emily-Mae has worked in social work in different areas including working with young people.
- Elliot Vagner (Former student at Cardijn) and currently studying a Bachelor of Business Marketing has been appointed in a temporary position in the Advancement Office in graphic design. Elliot has always been creative, innovative and entrepreneurial, and has a passion for design and digital marketing. Elliot has been responsible for a number of graphic design work at Marcellin and Cardijn. We welcome Sandra, Emily-Mae and Elliot.
- Sadly at the end of this week we will say farewell to three of our colleagues and wish Aleks Cabot all the very best as she prepares for the birth of her first child. We say farewell to Joel Olsder who completes his contract, as we welcome back Leona Tane next term. We also say farewell to Ken Watson and thank him for stepping in for Jan Wallage who returns next term. Thank you Joel and Ken.
- Trish McCall retires from teaching and Cardijn at the end of this term. Trish has been with us at Cardijn for 28 years. Trish has had a long commitment to Catholic Education SA including teaching at St Dominic’s, St Augustine’s (Salisbury), St Bernadette’s (St Mary’s), Marymount College and a Special Education Consultant at the CEO. At Cardijn, Trish has been in many different roles including leadership as Assistant to the Deputy Principal and Acting Deputy Principal. We marvel at Trish’s achievements and commitments to the life of Cardijn over such a long period of service. We thank Trish and will formally farewell her at the end of this term and at the end of the year mass.
- The Strategic Planning Reference Group has been very busy with data collection and thank you to students, families and future families for your feedback. I extend my deepest gratitude to Ms Mel Bratovic for leading this project and Ms Nicky Rawlings as our Executive Support Officer.
- Finally, I would like to thank all students, families and staff for your commitment to Cardijn/Marcellin, thank you for your support and thank you for making Cardijn/Marcellin such a special place. We look forward to another very busy term when we return from school holidays.