Ensuring our school is a safe place for all
As the school year commences I want to assure all parents and carers of our absolute commitment to ensuring that Cardijn College is a safe place for all.
- Our staff are committed and trained to protect the children and young people in our care.
- All staff and regular volunteers have current police checks.
- We teach our children age-appropriate strategies to keep themselves safe through South Australia’s Keeping Safe Child Protection Curriculum.
- Staff complete certification and undertake regular updated training in Responding to Abuse and Neglect in Education and Care Settings.
- We also promote strategies to minimise bullying and help students stay safe online.
You can read more about our commitment to the well-being of your child on our website http://www.cardijn.catholic.edu.au/our-college/policies
Additional information about the broader protection policies of Catholic Education SA can be found on their website. http://www.cesa.catholic.edu.au/our-schools/safe-environments-for-all
The website also includes links to online resources for parents and students on a range of topics including anxiety, depression, bullying and how to support your child.
If you have any questions or concerns about child safety please contact Mr Patrick Harmer (Assistant Principal – Pastoral Care and Well-being)