Riposare in Pace Jenny

It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the news that Jenny Lawson a much loved teacher at Cardijn College has passed away yesterday afternoon following a long battle with cancer. Jenny will be deeply missed by especially those who are in the Home Economics faculty, MacKillop House and her long-time friends at our school. Jenny will be remembered as a loving, caring and dedicated teacher always nurturing students especially her beloved Year 12 MacKillop homeroom which has been her responsibility for the last decade. Jenny began her teaching at Cardijn College in 1990, ironically starting out in Special Education. Very quickly her expertise in Home Economics and Textiles were put to good use. She was a founding member of Gold House, now named MacKillop House. She was appointed an advanced skills teacher in 1993, recognising her exemplary teaching and expertise in her field of Home Economics.

We will miss Jenny and give thanks to God that she is at peace. A courageous woman who was inspirational in her final days with a focus on her loving family and friends.

Riposare in pace Jenny

Dr Paul Rijken is principal of Cardijn College, a secondary co-educational school in the southern region of Adelaide with a total of 900 students and 120 staff. Marcellin Technical College is a campus of Cardijn College. It provides students in Years 11 and 12 with SACE, training and apprenticeships. It has an enrolment of over 120 students and 30 staff. Paul has been the principal at Cardijn College since 2005. He has a Ph.D. from Curtin University in Science and Mathematics Education. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Educational Leaders.

5 comments on “Riposare in Pace Jenny

1. Belinda simmons

Rip Jenny very sad news she was a great teacher she will be missed condolences to her family and friends xxoo love from belinda simmons

Like

2. Linda Mabarrack

A beautiful lady who was one of my supervisors when I became a teacher. She instilled some wonderful ways to
    Interact with students and moulded me into the Teacher I am today. RIP Jenny a beautiful lady who will be sadly missed xx

Like

3. Oh dear thats so sad…Mrs Lawdon was my Home Ec teacher 27 years ago at Wirreanda..So sad R.I.P

Like

4. Wendy berden

A special lady. Very sad to hear she always had time for all her students my boys attended the college 20 years ago. She was and will be remembered with great respect

Like

5. I am sorry to hear about Mrs Lawson. She was a great person and a great teacher my thoughts and prayers are with her Family and friends. She was great with my daughter and helped her through high school, which i highly appreciate it.

Like